Monday, August 8, 2011

Finals

I have beed dreading Professor Chadwick's Ancient Near Eastern Studies final since our first class quiz (which I failed in a most uncharacteristic manner). Dates, names, archaeological periods...whew. I love history, but sometimes our Carta textbook is just too much to handle. I was not at all comforted when Professor Chadwick sent a full page of dates to memorize and a map with 50 places to be able to identify.

But would you believe that when I studied for this final, the Holy Ghost took all of the little bits of knowledge that I have been wrestling to understand and created a wonderful mosaic of history, culture, and gospel doctrine? Questions were answered, and questions formed. I can whip out those dates and locations like you wouldn't believe, and I am thrilled to view Jesus Christ in his historical/cultural context. I nearly cried before the test--not because I was scared to take it, but because I realized for the hundredth time that Heavenly Father loves me enough to give me wonderful challenges and great instructors. He understands my hunger for knowledge, and He satiates me.

No comments:

Post a Comment